Last updated on Tuesday, February 13, 2001 at 10:40 am
7:30 pm, Tuesday, February 13, 2001 in PS141. I just remembered I have a visitor
from the Department of Chemistry at Iowa State University coming in on Thursday
afternoon. I have to pick him up in OKC Thursday afternoon and we are having
dinner in OKC that evening. So I cannot do a Thursday evening Help Session.
I have to do the Help Session on Tuesday. I completely forgot about that appointment
in class yesterday. Sorry! I will be around on Thursday until 3:00 pm to answer
questions. So those who can not attend the Help Session on Tuesday drop by.
Luttmer has asked that I post an annoouncement of the next meeting of Silver
Wings. They are meeting on Tuesday, February 13, 2001 in Classroom Building
Room 122 at 7:00 pm. Silver Wings is a service organization. Everyone intersted
is invited to attend.
Do not forget
to go to the syllabus or the laboratory link to pring out the laboratory for
are available at the grades link. The high score was earned by Chris Williams.
CONGRATULATIONS Chris! You'll get some cool swag in class on Friday. Average
was a 62. Not bad for a first exam. Exams will be returned in laboratory beginning
next week. I should have more grades posted later in the weekend.
The TA's e-mail addresses are;
Nellie Bruce: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want some EXTRA CREDIT? Complete the form at the SID#/Name
Be sure to bring your textbook and a calculator to laboratory
the first week of classes. Yes, the CHEM 1515 laboratory does meet this week
(January 16 - 19). (See the CHEM 1515 Syllabus)
Sitting around with nothing to do? We are going to begin
lecture on Wednesday, January 17th discussing Chapter 11 in Silberberg. I
recommend you review Chapters 9 and 10 before class. In particular, refresh
your recall of drawing Lewis structures, the concept of electronegativity,
ionic and covalent bonds, bond polarity, molecular polarity, molecular shape
(in particular central atoms with 2, 3 and 4 groups of electrons). Check out
lecture notes from CHEM 1314. In particular look at;
Bill Alley: email@example.com
Randy Hallford: firstname.lastname@example.org
Melissa Caldwell: email@example.com
Carolyn Nuckolls" firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes for Friday, November 17, 2000 and Monday, November 20, 2000:
Notes for Monday, November 20, 2000: Covalent compounds and electronegativity.
Notes for Monday, November 27, 2000: Lewis structures.
Notes for Wednesday, December 6, 2000: Valence Shell Electron-Pair
- Announcements for Wednesday, February 14, 2001
- Announcements for Monday, February 12, 2001
- Announcements for Friday, February 9, 2001
- Announcements for Thursday, February 8, 2001
- Announcements for Wednesday, February 7, 2001
- Announcements for Monday, February 5, 2001
- Announcements for Friday, February 2, 2001
- Announcements for Wednesday, January 31, 2001
- Announcements for Monday, January 29, 2001
- Announcements for Friday, January 26, 2001
- Announcements for Wednesday, January 24, 2001
- Announcements for Monday, January 22, 2001
- Announcements for Friday, January 19, 2001
- Announcements for Wednesday, January 17, 2001
- Announcements for Monday, January 15, 2001
A total of students have accessed this