Important do not press the enter key or the Return key while you are answering these questions. Your Browser will interpret either key the same as clicking the mouse on the Submit button. So BE CAREFUL!
Give me some responses to the questions below and I'll give you some extra credit.
1. In a decomposition reaction if 40% of the compound has decomposed, what fraction of the original compound remains?
2. What are the units on a rate constant for a reaction that follows first order kinetics?
3. If the half-life for a paricular decomposition reaction is 5 minutes, what does that mean?
4. Below are two figures with associated times, what is the half-life of the reaction?
5. Which of the following figures represents the system shown in Q4 after two half-lives?
6. Assuming the system in Q4 and Q5 follows first order kinetics what is the rate constant for the reaction?
7. Is there anything about the reaction or the questions that you feel you do not understand? List your concerns/questions.