1. Recognize the problem as Ideal Gas Law Problem. To help
recognize the problem we note the substance is referred to as a gas either
implicitly or explicitly and any information in the problem are physical
properties of the substance, i.e., pressure, volume, temperature,mol,
density, or mass of the gas.
2. Recognize the problem has only one condition, it is
a single variable problem.
3. Write the Ideal Gas Equation; PV = nRT
4. Construct a table and assign a value from the problem
statement to each of the variables in the Ideal Gas Equation.
5. Convert units of each variable intot he units corresponding
to the value of R; 0.0821 L atm mol-1 K-1
6. Substitute the values into the equation and solve for